Top 5 Ways of Making a Good Interview Impression
1) Arrive Early – When arriving to an interview site, you should be mindful of possible traffic delays that you may come across, as well as getting lost on your way to the interview. Allow time for these mishaps, as well as more time to ensure that you arrive early to the interview.
2) Arrive Ready – You should be ready for the interview. The minute you walk into a waiting room, you should be ready and aware that your interview has already begun. Although you are not speaking directly to an interviewer, your overall demeanor speaks for itself to the person who is working at the front desk.
3) Arrive Prepared – It is important for you to be prepared for your interview. Bring your own pen and paper to the interview. Also, it's a good idea to research the company first by visiting their website and understanding what the company does, and the industry that they're in. During your interview you should take notes of important information that the interviewer tells you. Also you should prepare and bring questions that you may have regarding the position for which you are interviewing. This will show the interviewer how much time you’ve set aside to make this interview a good one!
4) Dress to Impress – When you are interviewing for a position, it is important that you ask the interviewer what style of dress best fits for the interview. It’s always better to be overdressed rather than being underdressed for an interview. For additional tips of how to dress for your interview, visit www.burnettstaffing.com/employees/dressing_tips.html.
5) ALWAYS Say “Thank You” – After your interview is over, whether the interview went well or not, it is important for you to thank the interviewer and express your appreciation for them taking time out of their day to meet with you.